To book an evaluation please contact Craig Kibblewhite at 780 975 0660 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have been conducting hockey evaluations for well over 15 years in different capacities, and we are excited to be partnering with many Minor Hockey Association again this year.
PHG is used by sports governing bodies (ie. Minor Hockey Associations) and evaluators (ie. coaches, managers, etc.) to assess, evaluate, aggregate, and analyze amateur athletes skill level and development over time. PHG is proud to work with St. Albert, Edson, Onoway, CR Knights and Westlock Minor Hockey.
See video below of Fusion Sport Smart Speed Technology:
“To provide a fair, consistent, and comprehensive evaluation that will result in players participating at a level that is based upon their skill level when comparing them to athletes of the same age and category.”
Through clear and concise communication, well-planned ice sessions, and evaluator objectivity, every player will receive a fair and meaningful evaluation.
Throughout the evaluation process a 0 - 5 scale will be used to asses each player. 0 being low, and 5 being high. The scale will be relevant to the players age and ability as outlined by Hockey Canada.
Below is a list of some of the criteria we will be evaluating:
Skating - speed, acceleration, technique
• Forward and backward
• Turning both directions
• Stopping both directions
• Stride length, form, and technique
Agility - pivots, transition, lateral movement
• Transition, changing from one direction to another
• Pivoting, maintaining control and speed
• Being able to track diagonally across the ice efficiently
• Balance and coordination
Puck Control - open ice, around obstacles
• Ability to maintain speed and control in open areas
• Ability to maintain speed and control around obstacles
• Handling the puck in tight space
Shooting - technique, accuracy, velocity
• Velocity, quick release and speed of puck
• Shooting accurately at targets, or on goalies
• Technique, hand and body position
Passing - accuracy, technique
• Giving and receiving passes
• Moving and stationary passes
• Accuracy and technique
Tactics - offensive and defensive tactics
• Intent, in a good position and making the right decisions
• Execution, able to effectively make successful plays
Game Play - Overall ability to preform
• Player understands positional play, and puck support
• Player is involved, and has an impact on the play
• Player is working hard in all zones of the ice
• Player makes good decision uses teammates appropriately
Good luck to all our participants, and most of all, HAVE FUN!!